Sunday, May 11, 2014

Camera: Olympus Deconstructed

I just started playing with my manual focus lenses from my mother's old SLR camera (and sadly, out of necessity rather than exploration as my only digital lens got sand in it).  However, after some setting twiddles, I did get things working rather well in A mode with the old lens.  The photos didn't have the blue tint I'd been contending with and seemed to be pretty sharp on my 10 megapixel SLR.  However, I couldn't seem to affect other things I wanted to, and so it was a mixed bag of results.  Here are some photos with a 24m/m Macro lens.

HAHA!  Just kidding - because I chose today to shoot in .RAW, which with an Olympus camera means a file type of .ODF, which isn't read by anything that can edit them to .JPG for web use.  Olympus has free software, but I have to grab my camera from the bedroom to get the serial number to download it, and my bf's already sleeping.  SO, another day I will show you my Macro photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment